Food Tours in Rajasthan
Rajasthan Food Tours offers food walks and cooking demos in various cities including Jaipur, Udaipur and Jodhpur. Each food tour is unique and tailored according to preferences of the guests. As each city has a different cuisine and food culture, each tour in a different city will be completely different from each other in terms of food and drinks included, sights and flavours. To break up the monotony and make it more interesting, each tour has a sightseeing part included which covers some major as well as hidden jewels of the city. Some of the facilities that we offer in each food tour are:
- Unlimited food and drinks.
- Food sourced from oldest and most reputed food joints of the city. Some as old as 120 years.
- Big emphasis on taste of food as well as it’s safety.
- Transport in air-conditioned vehicles including pickup and drop from hotel.
- Inclusion of various well known as well as hidden attractions of the city in each tour.
- Introduction to ingredients, history and importance of each food item.
- Completely vegetarian food tours also available on request.
- Up to 16 different Indian food dishes included in each tour.
Cost of food tours in different cities start from INR 6000 (US $ 91) for a group of 2 or more guests.
Rajasthan with it’s unique cuisine offers dozens of mouthwatering snacks which can be cooked in a matter of minutes or elaborate meals which take hours of preparation. Our cooking classes and demonstrations touch both aspects and enable our guests to learn to cook at least the basic dishes in shortest time possible. Each cooking class is led by a professional chef with years of experience in commercial as well as home cooking. As a number of Indian spices are not easily available everywhere in the world, these cooking classes teach the guests how to cook with less number and quantity of spices without compromising on quality. Some of the features of our cooking classes are:
- Led by expert chefs,
- Designed to teach general as well as finer aspects of traditional Indian / Rajasthani cooking in shortest possible time.
- Small groups for maximum focus.
- Teach proper use of ingredients and spices.
- A gift hamper of spices and recipes provided in each class to help with practice back home.
- Pickup and drop for each class provided.
Cost of cooking class starts from INR 6000 (US $ 91).
The costs mentioned include all the facilities mentioned above including cost of entry tickets to monuments if included in the tour.These food tours and cooking classes can be grouped together in one or multiple cities to make a complete culinary tour of Rajasthan.
The tours are scheduled according to requirements of the guests and weather. Following are general timings for most food walks:
Morning tours: 7:00 am
Evening tours: 3:00 pm
Morning tours: 8:30 am
Evening tours: 2:00 pm
Cooking classes are arranged and scheduled after getting confirming requirements of the guests. Timing for food tours are also flexible and can be adjusted according to their needs.